The first step in starting your coaching journey is meeting with a coaching consultant to explore how you could benefit from coaching and get set up to speak with a Rewire coach.
There's very little pre-work required to having a coaching consultant call. A Rewire coaching consultant will ask you a number of question to help determine if coaching (in general) is a good fit for you and who, of our coaches, could help you get the results you're looking for.
Here are a few examples of questions you may expect to hear from a coaching consultant:
- What are you looking to get out of coaching?
- When you think about the word "coaching", what comes to mind?
- Have you been coached before? What worked well and what could have gone better for you?
- What expectation of a "good coach" do you have?
- What's prompting you to learn more about coaching now?
- Are you familiar with the Rewire method of coaching?
- What areas of your life (personal or professional) would you like to focus on with coach?
- Have you ever had a coach (even in athletics or even in elementary school) that you considered great? What made them great to you?
- Have you ever had a negative experience with coaching? What made that process ineffective for you?
- Has there been an event in your life you would consider "pivotal" in the sense that it shaped you as a person? There could be many, but what's one that comes to mind?
- When you think about your thought process being challenged, how does that make you feel? Excited to learn about new opportunities? Annoyed? Curious? Defensive?
- What areas of your career are you looking to grow vs maintain?
These questions are aimed at drawing out your goals for coaching and gives your potential coach key information to effectively help you get where you want to go! Based on your responses, your coaching consultant might say something like:
"based on what you shared with me, the coach I have in mind for you is _____. Here's why: ..."
Ultimately, picking the right coach is your decision and you may choose to work with whoever you want from our list of coaches. Keep in mind that your coaching consultant knows each coach personally and the expertise they can bring to your engagement.